- CVE-2021-3621: A flaw was found in SSSD, where the sssctl command was vulnerable to shell command injection via the logs-fetch and cache-expire subcommands. This flaw allows an attacker to trick the root user into running a specially crafted sssctl command, such as via sudo, to gain root access. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to confidentiality, integrity, as well as system availability.
CVE-2016-10246: Buffer overflow in the main function in jstest_main.c allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write) via a crafted file.
CVE-2016-10247: Buffer overflow in the my_getline function in jstest_main.c allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write) via a crafted file.
CVE-2017-6060: Stack-based buffer overflow in jstest_main.c allows remote attackers to have unspecified impact via a crafted image.
CVE-2018-10289: An infinite loop in the fz_skip_space function of the pdf/pdf-xref.c file. A remote adversary could leverage this vulnerability to cause a denial of service via a crafted pdf file.
CVE-2018-1000036: Multiple memory leaks in the PDF parser allow an attacker to cause a denial of service (memory leak) via a crafted file.
CVE-2020-19609: A heap based buffer over-write in tiff_expand_colormap() function when parsing TIFF files allowing attackers to cause a denial of service.
Other LTS-related work
- I analyzed CVE-2021-29922 and tried to fix it for stretch, but decided not to fix it and marked it as “ignored” for the stretch because it is risky to apply an existing patch.
- Updated salsa-repos for tomcat8 and libxstream-java to a newer versions to check CI-pipelines-checks.
I attended the Debian LTS team IRC-meeting this month.
Debian Science Team
- I became a new uploader of gmp (The GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library) package and prepared a gmp_6.2.1+dfsg-2~exp1 and later gmp_6.2.1+dfsg-2.
Other FLOSS activities
- uploaded vtk9_9.0.3+dfsg1-1
- three versions of vtk-library are existing in archive: vtk6, vtk7 and vtk9. I am starting to move all dependencies into vtk9. Involved packages, which were uploaded this month: